TEN (10) THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A NEW HOME
Moving to a new state or country can be as stressful as it is exciting. There are a lot of things to do and several steps to take especially when moving with family. One of the most important things, however, is getting a new home for you and your family. While moving to a new location, it is always better to buy a house than to rent. This of course depends on a number of factors like duration of stay and career flexibility. In any case, there are some pertinent things to consider whenever you go house hunting in a new location. Whether you are moving into or away from Abuja, here are 10 things to consider when buying a new home.
1. LOCATION! LOCATION!! LOCATION!!! This factor cannot be over emphasized, it is the most important factor to consider when buying a new house. Ask yourself, do i want to stay in a Rural or Urban area? Do i want to live in an island or in a farm? When you can answer this major questions, then you know where you want your house to be located.
2. QUALITY: Most people just get a house and don't care about the shape and quality of the house. As important as the location of your new house is, the quality and good shape is more important. A house is a shelter, and should protect you from cold, rain, sunshine and other harsh weather conditions. If that house is falling apart or not in good shape, then don't move in. Unless you are ready to keep renovating year in, year out.
3. SECURITY: This is one of the most important factors to consider before signing that cheque for your new home. Everybody wants to feel secured and safe while sleeping at night. and to travel with peace of mind knowing that your property and house is safe. Does your new home or neighborhood have any history of burglary or robbery, or is it prone to robbery attack? This is one important question you should ask. If your new house lacks good security around it, then you are not safe.
4. NEIGHBORHOOD: While the location is very import,also consider the kind of neighborhood you are moving into; do you want a noisy and loud neighborhood or a tranquil place? Do you want your children to mix up with the wrong peer group or with the right peer? The class and type of people who live in your neighborhood will determine if you will enjoy your new home or not
5. FACILITIES: Health is wealth, a sport facility in your neighborhood will definitely help you improve your healthy life style like; a gym, football pitch, basketball court, tennis court, swimming pool etc. Living in a house with all these facilities close by is what you need to improve your health and get in shape.
6. INFRASTRUCTURE: Good road, electricity and water. If your new house lacks any of these three major things, then don;t even think of investing or buying that house.
7. PROXIMITY: This will determine how far you have to travel before you get home, so always ask yourself how close is my home to the town, my office, the children's school, the hospital, the market, my place of worship etc. Because no one wants to spend all day traveling just to get home.
10. A REAL ESTATE AGENT YOU CAN TRUST: This is the first person you need before going house hunting, an untrustworthy agent will convince you to buy anything just to make money. But a good real estate agent will guide you and help you look for your dream home.
we at WHITE AVENUE REAL ESTATE are here to advice, guide and help you build your dream home. So Visit us at 5th Floor Yobe Investment House,
Plot 823 Ralph Shodehinde Street, Central Business District
- Juliet Isa
Customer Care Representative
White Avenue Group, Abuja.